BREAKING: Sokoto Assembly accepts Deputy Gov’s resignation


Sokoto State House of Assembly has accepted the resignation of the Deputy Governor.

This was sequel to the resignation of the erstwhile deputy governor, Ahmad Aliyu.

Aliyu had refused to leave the APC for the Peoples Democratic Party when his principal, Governor Aminu Tambuwal, defected from the ruling APC to the opposition PDP.
Aliyu later got the ticket as the APC governorship flag bearer for Sokoto State.

This is contain in a letter to the state House of Assembly by the deputy governor dated November 13, 2018, and presented by the Deputy Speaker Alhaji Abubakar Magaji, who presided over the Wednesday plenary of the Assembly.
The former deputy governor in his letter said, “with gratitude to Allah who granted me the opportunity to serve my state, I wish to humbly inform the Assembly of my resignation as deputy governor with effect from November 13, 2018.

"I therefore, wish to extend my sincere appreciation to Governor Aminu Tambuwal, Assembly members and the entire people of Sokoto state for the support accorded me during my service.”

However, less than twenty four hours after Ahmed resignation, the race to succeed him has begun in earnest.
Top on the list among the nominees for the replacement according to a PDP insider are Honourable Umaru Nature, the state commissioner for water resources, Honourable Sagir Attahiru Bafarawa and Honourable Aliyu Mohammed.